Giving is not merely a means to support the ministries of Emmanuel. Instead, it is first and foremost an act of worship, i.e. an offering that expresses our trust that God owns everything and has given us our lives, gifts, and resources. And thus in the Bible, offerings are always connected with worship. While online giving can still express this trust, it can also feel detached from worship, particularly when done regularly. Thus, the elders of Emmanuel encourage those who give online to still participate in the weekly offering by putting something in the basket--a dollar, a quarter, or even a blank Keeping Connected card--as representative of the rest. And remember: the "rest" is not merely our tithe but all we are and all we have.
The funds that Emmanuel receives online donations for are:
- General Fund - This fund supports the ministries and general operating costs of Emmanuel.
- Deacon's Mercy Fund - This fund provides assistance, as approved by the Diaconate, to meet the short-term material needs of people in our church and community, and supports the MicroMissions program.
- EmPowerment Fund - This fund focuses on helping families in need to be self supporting through investments, loans and other financial assistance beyond benevolence.
- Missions Fund - Emmanuel is committed to helping share the good news of God’s grace in needy areas around the world.
- Kenya 2023 Missions Trip Fund - Emmanuel has been invited to send a team to serve Imbumi and Martha Makuku, our missions partners in Nairobi, Kenya.
- Facility Fund - The Facility Fund is for major expenses or investments related to long-term facility needs, such as those associated with the Ministry Center.
- Mercy Ministry Partners - If you would like to give to one of our Mercy Ministry Partners, you can see a list of them here.